The Modular-15sp has 2-way self-powered bi-amping speakers with top-notch 15"/ 1.4" neodym drivers, an internal 3.2 kW power amplifier module and the DSP loudspeaker management system with extensive features. The DSP has high computing power and all the standard controller functions.
The integrated amplifier and DSP blocks used are identical to the HDSP amplifier series and the VA-WLAN remote software. The Modular-15sp and Modular-15 are compatible and can operate together. They provide the same 100% performance, and the same control and monitoring software in a combined software network.
The Modular-15sp is a plug and play speaker. All required settings for different configurations are stored as factory presets in the internal memory. For best performance and reliability, simply select the corresponding preset on the Display for use as either, a stand-alone full-range speaker, or a top speaker with bass support, or a monitor on stage, or with multiple units flown in an array.
There are still a number of other features, options and access settings available for the experienced technician and professional audio user.
On the back is a special built-in Display button and Encoder control wheel. It is possible to access almost all the parameters without PC control and the functions can be locked and password protected. The Display has a 2-stage dimmer and can also be switched off completely to prevent unwanted stray light on, or beside, stages. By pressing a key or the encoder, the Display activates again.
The active electronics are convection cooled by a large heatsink and are maintenance free. No dust or moisture can be sucked or drawn in, making the Modular-15sp ideal for permanent installations. The robust cooling fins are amply rounded and have no sharp edges.
Features of the integrated Class-D amplifier unit:
- 2CH: 1 x 2.400 W + 1 x 800 W on 4 Ω
- Maintenance-free electronics
- Input Limiter and Peak Limiter
- Switch on power rush protection
- Protection circuit for On/Off switch transients
- Smart Fuse protection
- Under and Over voltage protection
- DC protection of outputs
- Temperature monitoring of the heatsink and transistors
- Enclosed cooling system, no air is drawn into the interior
- High damping factor > 1000 (8 Ω, 1 kHz)
- Low THD, THD + N < 0.05 % (20 - 20,000 Hz, 8 Ω)
Features of the built-in DSP loudspeaker management system:
- High quality DSP board with best audio characteristics
- USB and Ethernet interface (with optional built-in wireless W-Lan module)
- Direct manual speaker operation via Display button and control wheel
- 4 language menu selections for Manual
- 80 presets internally stored and recalled. Unlimited on PC
- Real-time access to meter bridge on PC via VA-W LAN remote software compatible with HDSP amplifier serie
- Simple menu
- 96 kHz sampling rate
- 120 dB dynamic range
- 20 parametric EQs per way
- Flexible routing
- Short delay for time alignment of the chassis
- Long delay for delay lines up to 270 m
- Firmware upgradeable via interface
For maximum flexibility the user can choose between two different beam angles 60° x 40° or 90° x 60°. An exchange of horns can be made by the bi-amping control yourself at any time. In the HDSP amplifiers series and the controller board of the self-powered subwoofer specific speaker settings are saved as presets for both viewing angle.
A Modular-15sp can feed a Modular-15 bi-amp via a 4 pin cable.
The woofer is designed in 8 Ω, 16 Ω in the compression driver.